And the Journey to Ghana begins...


By Claire Barry


The flight attendant checking my bags summed up exactly how I feel right now - as she looked at my boarding pass to tell me I would collect my bags when I arrive in Accra, she stopped mid-sentence, turned her head to the side and opened her eyes really wide. Once she regained composure I asked her what had happened and if she was perhaps making that face because of my flights, to which she replied yes.

Indeed, I am first taking a seven hour flight to London, then have a four hour layover, and finally another seven hour flight to Accra. But then I'll be there! And since this first flight is overnight I figure I'll be able to sleep some and then continue napping on the second flight.

The nerves and anxiety of traveling to another country for four and a half months finally hit me as I was descending the escalator to my gate. I thought, wait, what am I doing? Is this really want I want to do?

But I know the answers to those questions and those answers calm the nerves as I wait in the airport for the first flight.

- Reposted from Claire's blog - http://www.ghanainspireclaire.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Walking Tour at Mole Game Reserve

BLOG POST BY LISA CARMACK: We live together, We learn together

INTERVIEW WITH AKINRODOYE DARE SAMUEL(DREH) - A UG SWIMMING CHAMPION