Eight Weeks


Ghana,
You make me happy,
You make me strong,
You push me through the heat,
Through the sticky moments
To the waterfalls,
To the front of the class,
To the table,
To sit and eat with strangers,
Who are my family.
Who are raising me here.
Ghana,
I am learning from you,
I am growing because of you,
You are a part of my creation,
Of me.
The me that I am today
May not appear different
May not always act different
May not even seem changed
But it’s inside,
And it’s still changing.
The everyday challenges,
Some are not challenging anymore,
What happens to challenge us changes,
And thus we change with the challenges we face.
Trying to put into one word
All that has happened,
Eight weeks,
Isn’t simple,
It’s life.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Walking Tour at Mole Game Reserve

BLOG POST BY LISA CARMACK: We live together, We learn together

INTERVIEW WITH AKINRODOYE DARE SAMUEL(DREH) - A UG SWIMMING CHAMPION